Hi there, in this Word tutorial course we’re going to learn Microsoft Word together. This is a project based course.
We’ll work through real world documents such as a formal business letter, monthly newsletter, a really long business report, a timetable and a visually exciting interactive PDF product document.
- Creating a formal business letter
- Creating a monthly company newsletter
- Formatting a long business report, adding charts & graphs from Excel
- Creating a timetable schedule using tables
- Creating a company template using corporate fonts, colours & images
- Creating a product overview PDF with basic interactivity
- Creating a business form
- Printing personalised letterheads & envelopes for client lists
This course is for beginners. You don’t need any previous knowledge of Word or any desktop publishing experience. We will start right at the basics but quickly get into working with up to date modern features.
You’ll work with images, logos & specific company colours. You’ll create corporate templates and reusable styles - automatically personalizing them using Mail Merge.
You’ll learn to make a monthly newsletter with links & videos ready for sharing & commenting. You’ll learn how to take charge of long documents; cleaning them up and adding professional graphs, infographics, tables and much more including exercise files. We will give you a printable 'cheat sheet'.
I will be around to help.If you get lost you can drop a comment on the video 'Questions and Answers' section that is below every video & I'll be sure to get back to you.
So my friend, now is your time to go from Word Zero, to Word Hero and for you to become the Microsoft Word professional in your office.
What are the requirements?
- This course is for absolute beginners
- You'll need a copy of Microsoft Word 2016.
- No previous Word or desktop publishing skills are necessary.
What am I going to learn from this course?
- How to work with your specific company fonts & colours.
- Format text like a professional.
- Work with various images, styles and implementations.
- Save documents to older versions of Word.
- How to save as a PDF.
- How to make an interactive form.
- Where to get inspiration for your design.
- How to install new fonts.
- Work with multiple column layouts.
- How to personalise letters & envelopes from a list.
- Adjust heading styles.
- Work with really long text documents.
- How to create a table of contents automatically.
- How to work with bullets & numbering.
- How to master tabs.
- Create beautiful graphics & diagrams.
- How to make an infographic.
- How to work closely with Microsoft Excel.
- How to work with comments & changes.
- How to share you documents with others.
- How to build your own company templates.
- How to work with tables.
- How to add videos to you documents.
- You’ll get a cheat sheet, shortcuts and much, much more…
Who is the target audience?
- Yes: This course is for people who need to learn Microsoft Word for work.
- Yes: This course is perfect for people who need to upgrade their skills for their CV and job applications.
- Yes: This course is for complete beginners and for people who know the basics of Word already.
- No: This course is NOT for people who have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- No:This is for PC version of Word 2016. (While 90% of this course will work on a Mac and in early versions of Word no guarantees can be made.)
Course duration 3 hours 18 mins