NOTE: this course uses Bootstrap 3. Dreamweaver has recently updated to Bootstrap version 4. You can change it back to 3 using the ‘New Document > Bootstrap > Preferences'. Please do this before starting the course.
Some versions of Dreamweaver will require you to download the specific Bootstrap version you want to use and link it within the site. You can download Bootstrap 3 here: http://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/
Hi - my name is Dan and I’ll be leading you through this course on how to Make money building mobile friendly websites using Dreamweaver.
I built this course for the visual person, the right brained person. We won't hide from code but we'll use all the visual tools that makes Dreamweaver so amazing.
These are the skills you’ll need to become a professional web designer. You’ll learn how to make responsive websites in Dreamweaver as well as learning what to charge and how to manage a website project.
We cover everything you need to build your first website. From creating your first page through to uploading your website to the internet. During the course we’ll create a website for a mock creative agency - creating mobile and desktop versions. See our example here:
I’m a Dreamweaver Certified Instructor and an Adobe Certified Web Specialist.
With exercise files you can download and work along with me. At the end of each video I have a downloadable version of where we are in the process so you can compare your project with mine making it easy to see where you might have a problem.
I’ll be showing you how to work with Dreamweaver to easily create HTML & CSS websites. How to create mobile and tablet versions of your design and how to test your website on your phone.
I’ll be teaching you how to create navigation bars, how to work with responsive images and favicons.
We’ll work with Dreamweaver’s new Bootstrap integration to easily add carousels, tabbed menu’s and accordions. Even easier you’ll learn to impress clients by embedding videos, calendars, maps, event ticketing & social sharing options.
Know that I’ll be around to help - if you get lost you can message in the forum and together we’ll get you back on track.
Now it’s time to upgrade your skills, get that better job and impress your clients.
What are the requirements?
- You'll need a copy of Dreamweaver CC 2015 or above. A free 30 day trial can be download from Adobe here.
- No previous Dreamweaver or web design experience is necessary.
- If you're not sure if this course is right for you. Email me what you’re trying to do and check if you’re on the right track.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 60 lectures 3 hours of content!
- Forum support from me.
- All the techniques used by professional website designers.
- Ways to preview your designs straight to your mobile device.
- Firm understanding of responsive web design.
- Professional workflows and shortcuts.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your new career path.
What is the target audience?
- YES: This course is for beginners. For people who prefer not to work in code. Aimed at people new to the world of web design. No previous Dreamweaver experience is necessary. People with knowledge of previous versions of Dreamweaver CC 2014 and below will also get great value from this course as the software has changed so much.
- NO: This course is NOT suited to people experienced in using HTML & CSS. If you prefer to work in code only then this course isn’t right for you.
Course duration 5.5 hours + your own study.